Home Forum Downloads FAQ

btb to 3d simed to original format

About Bob's Track Builder program...

Re: btb to 3d simed to original format

Postby tibi » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:15 pm

Lamda wrote:please tell me more about detachbyID.ms

My interest is not for converting, but i allways work with multimaterials in 3dsmax. i define one multimaterial for complete groundmesh (set allways material id to the submaterial) and will split it by mat id at the end). Till now, splitting is handwork, it loocks this script do it automaticly for all ?
Work with one mesh speed up shaping a lot but only Multimaterial mesh do the job right.

questions about:
-do it split only one object or is it able to split all (selected) objects in one step.
-it´s generate new materials during splitting or is it able to find same material in different objects?
-it is working for 3dsmax 2009 x64?

Thanks for answer
Lamda

We use this script modified version. (we set max ID-s to 600)
This can split objects with Multimaterial, to object with submaterial.
So example you import an Rfactor .gmt file. It is always has multimaterial, and the submaterials are gmats. You split it, and you get objects with gmat material.
We attach everything to one object, and then use this script to split it.
(Attach options is: "Match material IDs to material" and condense material and ID-s is ticked)

Today I try it for you with 4 boxes.
After I attach two of them, i can detach the new object to 2 box.

The script not work (give an error) on object which has no multimaterial.
When I select 2 boxes (with standard material) and try to detach it give the error.
When I select 3 boxes (one is a standard material, the other 2 is one object with multimaterial, so it is 2 object) and try to detach it give the error.
When I select 4 boxes (2 object, with multimaterials) it work! Splitted it to 4 object.

So, you can split all (selected) objects in one step, if all of them has multimaterial. If there is only 1 object in the selection which has other material (example standard or gmat( for rfactor)) it will not work.

For your second and third question, I can't answer. I try this 4 boxes with 4 different material. I think if you has 2 object with multimaterial, and there is a same submaterial on this two multimaterial, after the split you can get 2 objects with the same material. Because it split by ID as the script name says. I think it is not compare the other object submaterials. But i will try it.
We use max7 and max9, so I don't know is it work on max2009, or not.
tibi

Postby Lamda » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:28 pm

as far as good, i must explain a little bit more:

for me max RBR split do not working, so i must split by hand. If i work with single objects and no multimaterial it takes 10 minutes for the track.
Now im working with multimaterial i have one big mesh. if i do by hand i can only make one step, divide by size or divide by material. both following the time consuming 2nd step, because i must do for every in step one splitted part separately.

My hope is: I divide mesh into parts with right size, than i select all parts and split it by material. As i read that works isn´t it?

What kind of material i will get, a multimaterial with one submaterial for every part or a single material for every part. It will created a new material as result (i will get different named material for every part ( but had same submaterial before)). thats very important, sometimes wallaby add same objects more times if there different named materials but same material settings and textures.

Do multimaterial with one submaterial work with RBR?

Lamda
Lamda
Time waster...

Postby tibi » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:23 pm

Lamda wrote:My hope is: I divide mesh into parts with right size, than i select all parts and split it by material. As i read that works isn´t it?

Yes, if all of your selected parts has multimaterial.

Lamda wrote:What kind of material i will get, a multimaterial with one submaterial for every part or a single material for every part.

I wrote that, after using this script you have given single materials (the submaterial) for every part. (if propogate material is checked)
(if propogate material is unchecked, it split to objects by material, but all objects keep the same old multimaterial with all submaterials, even they only use one of them.)

Lamda wrote: It will created a new material as result (i will get different named material for every part ( but had same submaterial before)). thats very important, sometimes wallaby add same objects more times if there different named materials but same material settings and textures.?

I don't understand your question well, but i write here what i am find out from this script.
If you split an multimaterial object with this script, you will give some object with simple material, and this simple material names (an i think all settings) are the same as the submaterials in the original multimaterial object.
I tried it with 4 box. I made 3 materials, with Blue, Orange, Yellow name. I dropt Blue to 2 boxes, and Orange to 1 box, and Yellow to 1 box. After that, I attach one of the blue with orange. And attach the other blue with yellow. So, I have 2 multimaterial object, and the Blue is a submaterial in both of them. I select the 2 object, run the script, and I get 4 objects. (It didn't attach the two blue boxes) I pick up the material all of them, and they have the same as in the begining. So the two blue box has the same Blue material, orange has Orange, and yellow has the Yellow material.

Lamda wrote:Do multimaterial with one submaterial work with RBR?.

I tested now with the simple plane, and its works in RBR!
Maybe the X exporter see that only one material is in the list.
The old trackmakers suggest us to not use multimaterial, I think because, wallaby or rbr can use only the first submaterial. Sorry I don't remember well, it was 4-5 years ago.

But RBR can use objects with multimaterial (with a lot of submaterial) for Movable and Screnery mesh.
tibi

Postby Lamda » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:16 am

you understand right.

it seems it is what i realy need. Please send me the script for testing.

If you have more questions about my workflow, ask me.

Lamda
Lamda
Time waster...

Postby tibi » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:17 am

Ohh, I thought it was linked on the first page. :)

You can dowload the original script from here http://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max/scrip ... aterial-id

And here is the modified version by atiwrc http://www.sendspace.com/file/rshe7p it allows 599 matID instead of the original 99.

If you want to set maximum ID-s to higher. Open the script with notepad, search this line:
spinner spn_maxids "" pos:[70,190] width:60 height:16 range:[0,99,99] type:#integer scale:0.05
And set both red value to anything (I think one is the maximum value, the other is the default value)
Example in atiwrc's script, there is this line:
spinner spn_maxids "" pos:[70,190] width:60 height:16 range:[0,599,599] type:#integer scale:0.05
tibi

Postby Lamda » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:32 pm

I test it and its working perfect as i need.
big thanks, that is the holy gral of the month

Lamda
Lamda
Time waster...

Postby zuikki1 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:15 am

Sorry to ask this , but according to first message, is it possible to create tracks for original format completely without Wallaby? I can´t find the answer from the message queue. Or is the first post some misunderstood and now the talking is only about using multimaterials with original format and still using walllaby there? For example Miro´s Rfactor conversion still went thru Wallaby? ?? Sorry n´but I am interested to clear this out.
zuikki1

Postby eno72 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:23 am

presently wallaby is the only software able to create the correct file format for RBR.
Unless someone else develops an alternative, we will be forever stuck to it.
“How'd you like to gaze at a beer can throughout eternity? It might not be so bad. There'd be nothing to fear.”
eno72
Site Admin

Postby tibi » Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:49 pm

I'm not sure about that.

I have 2 track from the old russian forum. And I can't open the lbs files with Wallaby, but I can open dls and col. If I read the lbs with notepad, there isn't this sentence ("Map built by Wallaby 0.2.X" )of the first line. But both works fully in RBR. Except there is no track cam in replay.

If all version of wallaby write this sentence into lbs files, they convert it to lbs with an another program or plugin.
How many versions of Wallaby do you known?
I have 0.28 and 0.29b2, and I find an old link to 0.24. I'm sure that 0.28 and 0.29 write this sentence into LBS, I don't know that the earlier versions did it?
(Other question, I read somewhere about 0.29B6. Anybody use it? What is the difference beetween 0.29 b2 and b6?)

Here are some info about those tracks:
Released 2007 july 04
I think this is an CMR3-4 Usa track conversion. (There is an other CMR3-4 Usa track Converted for Rx_plugin!)
I don't know why the vegetables was dark on our computer.

Released 2008 jan. 03
This is the other, most of the stage is in the city. The track will be better, if there are smaller ground poligons.
In the read me file there is strange charachters (not cyrillic letters), only this few lines is readable:
[Map70]
TrackName="Maps\track-1070"
Particles="Maps\ps_british"
StageName="miracleman track 1"

So I think the stage was made by Miracleman.

I can't find any other infos of these stages. The russian forum closed some month ago, I don't belive that we can know how they build these tracks. Maybe with webarchive we can read a few pages of the forum, but I read the more than the half of the track forum topic, before it closes, but I can't find how they do it. If I remember well these track released in the first quarter of the topic, so they didn't write there how they do it.
The other question that, how they opened the whole CMR3 track into 3DSMax. I have pictures from other stages (example Spain) in 3dsMAX.

If anybody want to try these 2 stage, I will upload it.
tibi

Postby eno72 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:17 pm

if these tracks work in rbr and are not read by wallaby, it's pretty sure they used another way!
What was this russian forum? I can't read Russian but maybe someone here may have a look. I can also ask to a mothertongue guy maybe.

The btb output is not read by rbr, but I don't know if it can be modified in order to do so (and without wallaby). Furthermore it would require to go from max to btb with the entire track model... no way.... absolutely no way...

As for the versions: there are 0.24, 0.28, 0.29b2, 0.29b4, 0.29b5 and 0.29b6. The latest has a better pacenotes editor.
“How'd you like to gaze at a beer can throughout eternity? It might not be so bad. There'd be nothing to fear.”
eno72
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Bob's Track Builder