Home Forum Downloads FAQ

btb to 3d simed to original format

About Bob's Track Builder program...

btb to 3d simed to original format

Postby d.giarra » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:32 pm

I read on the internet that can be exported in native format from btb with 3D SIMED ... some of you have news about it?? Also because I know looking from 6 months to register on the forum of the Czechs to wallabies but I'm not recording ... hello and thanks

ho letto su internet che è possibile esportare in formato originale da btb con 3d simed...qualcuno di voi ha notizie a riguardo??? anche perchè so cercando da 6 mesi di registrarmi sul forum dei cechi per wallaby ma non mi fa registrare...ciao e grazie
d.giarra

Re: btb to 3d simed to original format

Postby lakimakromedia » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:23 am

i have simed and its not working [export to rbr]

regards
RWD!!!
If FWD would be better, we should walk on hands ...
lakimakromedia

Postby Lamda » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:21 am

You must export as 3ds to import in 3dsmax (or similar 3dtool )

be sure that your texturfiles allways named within reasonable limits of 8.3 convention. If not 3dsimed will rename internal texture file name automaticly and 3dsmax will not find the right dds files. It could be the hell to correct it.

Lamda
Lamda
Time waster...

Postby miro » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:51 pm

Hello Lambda,

while you have a right to say that 3ds max can not read the names of more than 8.3 but I Converting tracks from 3dsimEd to 3ds without naming limitation 8.3 and then convert and import it into 3ds max to FBX. Then 3ds max download all textures in the original names of textures I therefore greater than 8.3 ;)
miro

Postby Lamda » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:19 am

I only remember *.3ds export (i use BTB at last in 2009). If there can export an other expansion, it could work. limitations are only by *.3ds.

Lamda
Lamda
Time waster...

Postby miro » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:34 am

NetKar Pro forum :

I'm did try a lot of other ways to import the 3dsimed model into 3dsmax, but every method has its own limitations.

I now went back to convert to the 3ds format, and found a way to convert the track without the loss of texture quality.
here a quick description :

1 - Open the track in 3dsimed
2 - Export the textures ( Export menu , Export Textures )
3 - When asked to rename the textures in the drawing to the exported textures select Yes
4 - Export the track into the 3ds format ( Export menu, 3DS ), in the 3DS Options window unselect the 8:3 Texture Names
This makes the file unusable for 3dmax, but now comes the trick. Install the FBX Converter 2011.3.1 from the autodesk site :
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc ... d=10775855
5 - Start the FBX Converter program and in the left column click the Add ... button and select the 3ds file you created in step 4
6 - Make sure that in Presets the Autodesk Media & Entertainment preset is selected ( Just below the Add ... button )
7 - In the right Column you change the Destnation Format to FBX 2010 ( 2011 Does not seem to work, and 2009 i did not test )
8 - In the Destination file options uncheck Embed media, and FBX save mode should be set to Binary
9 - Now Click the Convert button in the right bottom corner and wait for the green result bar in the right top to come up.
10 - Open 3dsmax and import the FBX file that was created in step 9
11 - In the FBX Import dialog also make sure to select the Preset Autodesk Media & Entertainment and then click OK to start the import

Now you have the track with good quality textures, and you also got rid of those silly 8:3 texture names ;)
miro

Postby eno72 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:45 pm

thanks Miro, when I converted I did it the longest way... :o.O:
So in principle you can export the entire model as a single 3ds file and then you have it in max as a whole : Eeek :
My doubt is about poligon number limitation for 3ds files, isn't it set to 64K or stuff like that? If the track is big, one should split it into portions (maybe using the select by material windows of 3dsimed) or not?
Just asking ;)
“How'd you like to gaze at a beer can throughout eternity? It might not be so bad. There'd be nothing to fear.”
eno72
Site Admin

Postby miro » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:16 pm

Hello Eno,

You're right, it is very lengthy work: (

After importing FBX into 3ds max object must detach all objects in the scene to Standard objects.
Everything is connected because of multi / sub-object texture!
Remove objects associated with split detachbyID.ms script.
The correct treatment is verified in the material editor - get material - scene. All textures must be STANDARD.
If there is some other, so they are just empty axis, then delete the.
Also delete the dummies if you have them in the scene.

The 3ds max 8 is better to convert FBX to FBX via FBX Converter 2009.1
- FBX compatibility for saved files: FBX200602_MB75.

Finally, the correct physics, tracks or edit the whole track I change the geometry.

Convert lasted about last month ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCAbJFgAvug
miro

Postby eno72 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:56 pm

: Chessygrin : ...Sardinian Heights from rFactor if I'm not wrong, good memories! There was a period I wanted to have this in RBR, and now you did it! :birra: Great!
“How'd you like to gaze at a beer can throughout eternity? It might not be so bad. There'd be nothing to fear.”
eno72
Site Admin

Postby Lamda » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:20 am

please tell me more about detachbyID.ms

My interest is not for converting, but i allways work with multimaterials in 3dsmax. i define one multimaterial for complete groundmesh (set allways material id to the submaterial) and will split it by mat id at the end). Till now, splitting is handwork, it loocks this script do it automaticly for all ?
Work with one mesh speed up shaping a lot but only Multimaterial mesh do the job right.

questions about:
-do it split only one object or is it able to split all (selected) objects in one step.
-it´s generate new materials during splitting or is it able to find same material in different objects?
-it is working for 3dsmax 2009 x64?

Thanks for answer
Lamda
Lamda
Time waster...

Next

Return to Bob's Track Builder