Home Forum Downloads FAQ

BTB vs 3DS MAX

About Bob's Track Builder program...

BTB vs 3DS MAX

Postby mach08 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:19 pm

Hi guys,

I find a lot of difficulties with 3DS so now I restart my work with BTB.
I can create all with BTB or however i must pass the project on 3DS MAX?

I want to create a special stage for RBR-World.

Thanks.
mach08

Re: BTB vs 3DS MAX

Postby vaporarium » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:30 pm

i dont know how the plugin for rbr world work. if this plugin read the rx plugin (thats for the btb track format) than its possible with btb. but if the plugin needs the originial track format than you must work with 3dsmax and the program from wally.

the problem with btb is that you have no shadows, no variable ground physics and no moveable objekts.

alternativ you can build your tracks with btb and you give someone from the community the permission to convert your track into the original format. :)
vaporarium

Re: BTB vs 3DS MAX

Postby delu77 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:30 am

I know that BTB is easier than Max.
People always ask me which is the best way, so this is my reply:
* you can build your own track with BTB, entirely, with some attention. The road mesh needs to have polygons not so big, I use 1,8 mt squares. And add some more polys for road shoulders.
* use a single plate of textures for the objects. Don't use a single texture for every object. Take some examples from trees. They are a lot, and not always the same, and use a single texture (with different mappings)
* use small polys for the ground mesh (terrain). Fill the drivable area as the track, the rest with bigger polys but as squares as possible for a next shadows generation with wallaby.
For example, after the road, use small polys (2mt squares) for 10 metres each side, then they can begin 4x4 or 8x8...

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack
delu77
Site Admin

Return to Bob's Track Builder