Home Forum Downloads FAQ

Collision wallaby

Post here your problems before falling into despair. Someone will help.

Collision wallaby

Postby SciaccaG. » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:53 pm

Hello,
I just can not figure out how to configure the collisions to create moving objects,
from the list of movable objects check id (2), I create a collision box (id 2) and check the object, except all, I start the track and the subject continues to be passable. :o.O:
Another test unless the object x, the mark-up as a collision mesh, and check to object and the test will not start. :S
SciaccaG.

Re: Collision wallaby

Postby SciaccaG. » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:25 pm

And then another anomaly, when I clone an object, the collision to the new object automatically becomes larger than the original. : Andry :
SciaccaG.

Postby eno72 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:53 pm

there's an entire topic on it ;)

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=46

(wallaby/meshes/custom cms generation)

Do not use wallaby to generate collision meshes (collision box), they don't work!
“How'd you like to gaze at a beer can throughout eternity? It might not be so bad. There'd be nothing to fear.”
eno72
Site Admin

Postby SciaccaG. » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:41 pm

thank you, now I see if I can. Indeed, there was something that bothered me. :ok:
SciaccaG.

Postby SciaccaG. » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:58 pm

I understand how it works, you had to open in wallabies as a file (no import mesh) : Chessygrin :

My problem now, and that the collision imported *. Cms, when the check object, the yellow form (collision), is located somewhere else, in spite of this and selected the right position in 3ds, how do x centrala object? something must be done in 3ds?
SciaccaG.

Postby martinez » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:08 pm

I think in Max both objects must be at the same place (collision mesh a little bigger so it "covers" the object) and their pivots must also be at the same place.
martinez
Time waster...

Postby SciaccaG. » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:16 pm

The objects are at the same point, in practice I have an object which I have already imported as a moving object, and the same object with the same shape in the same position, I try to import it into wally, and I find him very much far from where dovresse be.
SciaccaG.

Postby martinez » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:41 pm

Check pivots again and reset xForms of both meshes (don't forget to collapse xForms). I remember I always placed such meshes at 0,0,0 to be sure that everything was fine.
martinez
Time waster...

Postby eno72 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:09 am

martinez wrote:Check pivots again and reset xForms of both meshes (don't forget to collapse xForms). I remember I always placed such meshes at 0,0,0 to be sure that everything was fine.

I confirm. To reset xForms, go to the utilities tab (the one with the hammer), click on xForm and then reset. Then go to the object stack and collapse the xForm modifier.
“How'd you like to gaze at a beer can throughout eternity? It might not be so bad. There'd be nothing to fear.”
eno72
Site Admin

Postby SciaccaG. » Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:29 pm

I still can not operate properly, the collision despite the resetxform object, take up a position somewhere else, to be precise in a position to export movable mesh, when you export the (demand) center the object.

There is another method to make collisions with objects?
SciaccaG.

Return to Problem Solving