Home Forum Downloads FAQ

Ground Mesh transparent

Post here your problems before falling into despair. Someone will help.

Re: Ground Mesh transparent

Postby SciaccaG. » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:01 pm

Sorry if I'm always here to ask questions : Blink : , my problem is now in the creation of the collision land, my result
I joined the streets and made ​​quadify
roads I joined the ground

On the streets with my collision is ok quodify
In three crossings of roads, however, have the problem of jumping sinking of the wheels of the car, where he would enter the mesh of land crossing the road.

Tried to make a plan and with the command Conform I applied qust'altra polygon mesh with small and it seems that it's better, but still not very good, it creates a mess of polygons. : Blink :

Also tried the Boolean command to subtract the terrain mesh Mesh the starda, but the result and I will disappear the way!!!! :picchiatesta:

You have advice for me? :aa: :aa:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SciaccaG.

Postby eno72 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:27 pm

too many overlapping polys! and of wrong size too (some too narrow and long).
But overlapping could be the reason.
If you conform another mesh with small polys (like 2m x 2m) it should be ok on that intersection.
In order to keep separate tarmac and grass, maybe use the "populate terrain" tool after creating a spline following the road edge. Just an idea.
“How'd you like to gaze at a beer can throughout eternity? It might not be so bad. There'd be nothing to fear.”
eno72
Site Admin

Postby SciaccaG. » Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:38 pm

Thanks for the reply So if I understand correctly advise me to create 2m x 2m plane of the surface that interests me and use the command conform setting it to zero and apply it to the surface of the track. :ok:
SciaccaG.

Postby eno72 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:47 pm

SciaccaG. wrote:Thanks for the reply So if I understand correctly advise me to create 2m x 2m plane of the surface that interests me and use the command conform setting it to zero and apply it to the surface of the track. :ok:

That's an option to avoid making again the ground mesh. However remember you have to map the mesh of collisions for correct physic behaviour: if you use square polygons over your road, you won't follow well the road edge.
The best thing is to avoid overlapping and use correct poly size all over. This sometimes means some manual work on intersections.
“How'd you like to gaze at a beer can throughout eternity? It might not be so bad. There'd be nothing to fear.”
eno72
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Problem Solving