Home Forum Downloads FAQ

Ground Mesh transparent

Post here your problems before falling into despair. Someone will help.

Ground Mesh transparent

Postby SciaccaG. » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:00 pm

Salve,
ho un problema ho importato tutte le ground mesh terreno e su wallaby si vedono e sono ok,
soltanto che nel gioco in rbr si vedono alcuni pezzi di strada trasparenti o diventano trasparenti
al passaggio sopra con l'auto ? se importo come general mesh nel gioco si vedono ? : Sad : HELP : Cry :

Google translator
Hi,
I have a problem I imported all the ground terrain mesh and wallabies are seen and are ok,
only in the game in rbr you see some road pieces become transparent or transparent
passes over with the car? if amount as general mesh in the game you see? : Sad : HELP : Cry :
SciaccaG.

Re: Ground Mesh transparent

Postby lakimakromedia » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:34 pm

Meshes are to big, You have to split it - handly, by RBR Split plugin or Miran plugin.

Regards
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RWD!!!
If FWD would be better, we should walk on hands ...
lakimakromedia

Postby eno72 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:20 pm

rbrsplit works only for 3ds max 8. Do miran's work for recent versions?? (2011 64bit for instance, just to make a random example : Lol : )
EDIT: yes, it should!
Thanks for this, I missed it, I'll try it straightaway, very useful for groundmesh splitting! :ok:
“How'd you like to gaze at a beer can throughout eternity? It might not be so bad. There'd be nothing to fear.”
eno72
Site Admin

Postby SciaccaG. » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:27 pm

Grazie per la tempestiva risposta, sto usando il Miran's Tools, con il comando Choop: size 100 :ok: :ok: :ok:

Thanks for the quick response, I'm using the Miran's Tools with the command Choop: size 100 :ok: :ok: :ok:
SciaccaG.

Postby lakimakromedia » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:49 pm

If You are using a Miran plugin, good solution is making ground export in another project without objects, because process will take too much time ;).
RWD!!!
lakimakromedia

Postby martinez » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:54 pm

I've found the Miriam's exporter very usefull - it works very well with Max 2009 which I use the most. I used to export ground meshes succesfully with "choop size" even 300 (meters) - I think the number of polys (or triangles) is a key here. Sometime you would like to see in game quite long part because of open terrain. The only limitation is that meshes must be split by materials, so if you use more than one texture for ground meshes - please make sure that the checkbox "Union into one object" remains unchecked.
martinez
Time waster...

Postby SciaccaG. » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:14 am

lakimakromedia wrote:If You are using a Miran plugin, good solution is making ground export in another project without objects, because process will take too much time ;).

Of course I was already on the project, in 3dstudio I worked so much, so much to go to ground to divide the mesh general, so I already had the work ahead for collisions.
Another question, to smooth surfaces, what command do you recommend x 3dstudio for example, I'm using the quadify mesh, increasing it from 4.0 to 10.0?? and to fuse together geometry of the surface??? the problem that in some parts exporting collisions "polygons" are wide and the car with the wheel Hides creating ugly bumps.

Miran plugin I use on 3dstudio 2010 64bit and I am very happy.
SciaccaG.

Postby eno72 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:40 am

what laki intended is maybe this: once you want to export your ground, select it and save it (save selection) as a separate max file.
Doing so you have a much lighter model and the plugin will work much faster. Am I correct?

As for big polys, in case of bad collisions (car going under the surface), I use tessellation. Alternatively (using quads or after quadrify) use the connect tools to add extra edge loops in both directions and get even polys.
“How'd you like to gaze at a beer can throughout eternity? It might not be so bad. There'd be nothing to fear.”
eno72
Site Admin

Postby Lamda » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:07 pm

you see some road pieces become transparent or transparent
im sure, your meshparts are to big

I never use mirians plugin, i use generaly good sorted layer in max. since i have the "detach by material" plugin, i allways work with multimaterial mesh (self defined id´s) it´s quite simple for shaping. Before export i detach complete mesh in wallaby handleable size, select all parts and use the detach by material plugin. export selected, done. not much more work but a little bit more control about.

in general, for bigger projects please allways use a good layer system. You will not in the know any more later if you havn´t. handle in different files are also a problem to have allways actual version. Better try to hide and buy memory (I have 8GB and thinking about buy more....)

Alternatively (using quads or after quadrify) use the connect tools to add extra edge loops in both directions and get even polys.
i did so. The rule for driveable mesh is there must stay all 4 wheels of the car on a own polygone, otherwise it could (not must) generate a falling to ground mistake. So you could make right size during creating the polygones.

Lamda
Lamda
Time waster...

Postby lakimakromedia » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:53 pm

I have 8GB also and its not enough even for small project :/... [if You have everything inside].
RWD!!!
lakimakromedia

Next

Return to Problem Solving