Home Forum Downloads FAQ

Attention dear Trackbuilders, a new folder in RBR!

Talking about ongoing projects...

Attention dear Trackbuilders, a new folder in RBR!

Postby martinez » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:00 pm

Hi all,
With Sherwood Forest and continued by Kormoran 1.1, a new folder called extra has been created in RBR.
I included there some alternate files that players can use, other pacenotes, mini-mods etc.

It would be good if everybody keep order with new RBR files like this structure:

RBR/
/...
/extra/
/ Manuals/ (warning - this was created by mistake and should be removed or ommited)***
/ Maps_MODS/ (please don't change this name)
| / Kormoran Stages Mods/ ... and contens
| / Sherwood Forest Mods/ ... and contens
| / [your new track(s)] Mods/ ...
| / I guess it's clear now :)
|
/ [some other folder if you think would be necessary for other stuff than mods]

*** Manuals (inside "extra") was created by mistake - I use original RBR's Manuals folder to put tracks's licenses and info.

Thank you in advance. Let's keep RBR clear! :)
M.
martinez
Time waster...

Re: Attention dear Trackbuilders, a new folder in RBR!

Postby delu77 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:53 am

Don't you have to declare something to the game?
How can it read these extra settings?
Thank you mate! :ok:
Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack
delu77
Site Admin

Postby tibi » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:48 pm

Let's keep RBR clear!

It's funny... I can keep RBR clear, if I install the tracks manually. But that Czech installer of Kormoran stages, don't let me to install it into an empty folder. :picchiatesta:

This installer is good for normal users. But for me, who have some test tracks, and using the other plugin, which use other track numbers, than cz plugin is not so good.

There is no way to set up in the installer, that it only warning if I can't install in RBR folder? But let me, if I'm sure to install my selected folder.

My Brother has a copy of RBR for CZ plugin, we will install Kormoran Tracks into that game... : Lol : Peace :birra:

p.s. It's OK, what you see, I will be glad if we can release one version of our tracks, not planning other mods for it. :D
tibi

Postby martinez » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:32 am

I don't make these installers, I just think about folder structure.

I know that other plugins use different ID's. Since any other plugin supports nor cooperates with me, I keep my concentration on RBRTM.
Plugin admins know what to do with files I'm giving them. And they are for free. Also every serious trackbuilder knows how to get files out of RBR...
There was only one case in my 7 years "career" that somebody asked me for plain track's files.

It seems this might be new for some of you - here is a clue:
I have several copies of the whole RBR in my HDD. One is for playing, another for trackbuilding, one more for testing etc. There is just one installation and copies. I also have shortcuts on my desktop to all of them. The only thing I can complain is that I can't run more than one game at a time. Please don't tell me about HDD space at this point...

(My) tracks mods can be installed only manually, I plan them not to break any game restrictions or rules. For example - fences - the game can run without FNC file(s) at all. Also pacenotes - when Start, Splits, Finish and End points are on exactly the same places, any plugin should not have any problems with alternate DLS. Similar thing with RBZ etc.
There is a detailed information what these files do and what they are for. Nobody has really to use them.

If this is an appreciation for making RBR tracks more interesting and playable, I will quit working on mods. And I will block any other modding on my tracks deliberately. I will publish raw files then and no installers - I bet all "normal" players will know how to do with them.

One more thing - I make my tracks first of all for players, not only for trackbuilders.

Conclusion - there are just few of us left, and we can't talk constructively I see.
Peace.
martinez
Time waster...

Postby tibi » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:12 am

I did't want to violate you. Your folder structure idea is good!
I only would like to ask that, there is an oppurtunity to set the CZ installer, to allow install not in RBR folder or not.

And Yes, I know that I can have several copies of RBR. But the free HDD space is a problem for me. Its always problem for me... :hahaha:
Thats why I said, that i will try it on my brother PC, he has 3-4 copies of RBR.
tibi

Postby martinez » Mon Apr 17, 2017 5:56 pm

Ok, I will ask Vaclav if he can omit checking for RBR folder next time he makes an installer.
martinez
Time waster...

Postby martinez » Thu May 04, 2017 11:09 am

Vaclav says it can be not easy to change the installers.
But - there is a clue. The installer checks %RBR%\Maps folder for Rally School (track-71_M) files.

So, you don't have to copy the entire 20GB RBR folder.
Just create a folder anywhere, then inside it create folder "Maps" and paste these eight files from track-71_M.

Then RBR-Czech installers will not ask for "RBR folder" anymore.

EDIT: And there is more: you need just filenames and extensions (no real RBR files). I created simple text file, made 7 copies and renamed names and extensions :) So, you don't need to be afraid of HDD space anymore LOL
https://www.facebook.com/MartinezTrackb ... =3&theater
martinez
Time waster...

Postby tibi » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:35 pm

Thanks! :clap:
It's a very useful info! : Thumbup :
tibi

Return to Work In Progress Projects