Home Forum Downloads FAQ

Race Track Builder

Talking about everything

Race Track Builder

Postby eno72 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:45 pm

http://store.steampowered.com/app/388980

available. I haven't noticed that for a month...

and then, let's riot all together now :8:
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970259722/recommended/388980/#developer_response

I just say I liked the review, that's quite honest frankly speaking, even if I don't own RTB. But we hope this piece of software will get to maturity and serve the community well as BTB has done.
“How'd you like to gaze at a beer can throughout eternity? It might not be so bad. There'd be nothing to fear.”
eno72
Site Admin

Re: Race Track Builder

Postby delu77 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:17 pm

I think it is not so much different from BTB for whom like to publish tracks in BTB method...

Otherwise, it is 3d studio oriented...We will see.... Did you bought it?
Hockety Pockety Wockety Wack
delu77
Site Admin

Re: Race Track Builder

Postby eno72 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:33 pm

I think I won't buy it, there are so many more professional tools, plugins and scripts for max... if one day I will start again making tracks I think I won't consider it.
It's kinda a Zaxxon method already embedded in a BTBish box.
But we know that the road profiles from GE are far from realistic, since the GE mesh relies on maybe 30m DEM data in the best cases. Also, there are heavy artefacts in the presence of high vegetation. So where's the point in using this? If one wants a real track, he should get LIDAR data, or at least build it after accurate topo maps and with the aid of photo/video documentation.
As a result, we will see a huge production of low quality tracks, that will inundate the sim racing scene much more than BTB did. But in such a flush there will be certainly some gems : King :
“How'd you like to gaze at a beer can throughout eternity? It might not be so bad. There'd be nothing to fear.”
eno72
Site Admin

Return to Free subjects